Students in Year 7 to 8 will study a range of mandatory subjects over two years. These topics include: Agriculture and Food Technologies, Digital Technologies, Engineered Systems and Material Technologies.
Students from Years 9 to 12 can select from a range of elective TAS subjects.
In TAS, students develop knowledge, understanding and skills through a design and production process using a range of tools, materials and techniques in theory and practical lessons.
The continuum of technology learning is:
- mandated from Kindergarten to Year 8 through Science and Technology K-6 and Technology Mandatory Years 7-8 syllabuses
- based on students becoming increasingly sophisticated in their ability to apply knowledge, skills and understanding to design and produce solutions
- optional for student specialisation in high school through a range of syllabuses addressing particular technologies and aspects of design.
Available courses include:
- Design and Technology 7-10
- Food Technology 7-10
- Graphics Technology 7-10
- Technology Mandatory Stage 4
- Industrial Technology - Engineering Stage 5
- Industrial Technology - Electronics Stage 5
- Industrial Technology - Timber Stage 5 and 6
- Design and Technology Stage 5 and 6
- Graphics Technology Stage 5 and 6
- Food Technology Stage 5 and 6
- Industrial Technology Stage 6
- Information Processes and Technology Stage 6
- Software Design and Development Stage 6
- Hospitality Stage